"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

9.06.2007

Treatment # 3 - CHECK!

Ok, so my doctor's office called and asked if I could come in an hour earlier...something about labor day weekend, doctor's plans, I don't know....lol. So, my sister and I head off to the hospital for my final round of salvage chemo.


Here is one of the lovely lymphoma dept. nurses, Clover, who has been my angel this entire time.


One of the many puzzles located throughout the waiting room, this one was fairly simple and yet my sister had the urge to pull apart every little piece. :)


After getting the go ahead for round # 3 (my blood count was good!), receiving my admission papers and since the usual wait for admission to MDACC is hours long, we met my dad at Mo Mong's, a local restaurant for some yummy spring rolls, pot stickers and rice!


Since I was with my crazy sister and we still had a few hours to spare, we hit the roads of Houston and acted like whacky tourists!

Here we are in front of this fountain that I must have driven by millions of times since living in Houston!


Ok, if I wasn't a cone head before....

We unknowingly parked right next to this park. I had no idea this was here, all the time I've lived here, so I took it as a very good sign.



So, my sister had never been to the Houston Zoo, well she wasn't missing anything but it was a chance to check something off her life list....

Ok, it seems the only thing these animals were doing were sleeping, pissing or crapping....

Isn't there a joke about this??? Bear making #2!

Mighty Tiger making, a very long might I say, #1

Look, we found Nemo! (I know corny, just humor me!)

It was time for our carousel ride. Here we are before mounting my mighty meerkat and Adrienne getting on her tiny tiger. :)

After a few hours, we were hot and thirsty. To our surprise, none of the vending places were open. On our way out we stopped by the gift shop to get some water. Our luck, it was buy 1 get 2 free from the vending maching day. Shhh..just don't let the gift shop know - haha!

Well, the fun had to end sometime. It was time to check in.

Here we are waiting for my bags. Funny, whenever nurses came in Adrienne leapt out of bed.
Me pretending to know what to do at a piano table. My sister suggested dancing on it....lol!

Me and mom walking around with poley

All in all, treatment # 3 was pretty uneventful. You know you're not doing so bad when all your doctor can say is "Ok, we'll just be babysitting you." I didn't get as bad headaches either as last time. And I even got some new pain meds for this. Oh well! :) I'm just glad this part is over.
--B

No comments: