"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

8.30.2007

On the eve of treatment #3...

And I haven't even packed for the hospital yet...can you tell I am procrastinating? I don't have to be there until noon tomorrow, so it's not that big of a deal. I can't believe treatment #3 is finally here, I didn't think it would take a month but that is just me being impatient. I am looking forward to my CT/PET and bone marrow tests to confirm remission.

So, off to gather my clothes (I absolutely will not be seen in that horrid gown!), slippers, soaps, lotions, books, music and must have hard candy for my lovely stay at MDACC. As always for any trip I tend to overpack but hey, you just never know when you will need what....right?? ;-P

See y'all on the other side next week!

--B

4 comments:

Jenny Nichols said...

Brandy, It has been so long..all I can say is I am sorry I have not kept in touch...Your story is amazing, and your love if life is overwhelming! Your children are precious (but they are yours..so of course they are!!) They have your smile and I hope they have your personality! I have been deeply saddened my your fight..yes, you are right "cancer sucks". I have passed you on to a prayer chain, and I pray for you and your adorable family, everyday... PiPhi love and mine, Jenny (Sims) Nichols
ps You look much better than Brittney Spears, without hair!!!

Shay said...

I pray that #3 will be THE one. Lots of hugs and P&PT for you! Shay

Brandy said...

Hi Jenny, what a nice surprise! Thank you so much for saying hi and for your support and prayers. I miss you and hope all is well.

Pi Phi XOXO,
Brandy

Brandy said...

Hi Shay! Thank you for the prayers!

Many Hugs and kisses to you...

Brandy