"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

9.17.2007

Just my luck...

Ok, so over the weekend I started getting this sharp pain in the same tooth that got filled last week at the dentist's office. Uh-oh, not a good sign. Sure enough, after squeezing me in they said I needed to have either a root canal or extract the tooth. WHAT?!?! So much for not doing any major work on my teeth, per the sct dept's nurse. I had my dentist talking with the sct department to ok the root canal. Once I got the green light we were good to go, or so I thought. Insert needle here and wait 10 minutes. I'm supposed to be waiting for my lip to get numb but nothing. Ok, insert shot number 2 and wait 10 minutes. Ummm, still nothing. What is going on here? So, with a partially numb mouth my dentist (who specializes in cowards, which is why I am there) says we can do it if I can let him drill really fast into my tooth even though I'm not fully numb. Welcome to my life. This is exactly why I hate dentist's office, and he confirmed that I am difficult to numb. Something about my muscles being thicker than most. I don't know, all I know is as always I felt something and that something hurt like you know what. But it was over within seconds and he was able to numb the inside of my tooth and then it was all right after that. Well, up until the anesthesia wore off - that was worse than labor, I actually had tears in my eyes. My mouth is still incredibly sore, but at least I have some nice pain meds on hand. Who knew this would be worse than chemo???? Well, I'm not completely done. He just started it and will top it off Thursday. My sct mobilization got pushed back a week, so it looks like Monday I will be starting the process. Let's hope nothing else comes up! It was my own fault anyhow, had I not procrastinated about getting the broken tooth fixed in the first place I wouldn't be here. But now you know why I don't like the dentist.

If I can get through this, I know the sct will be a breeze!

Off to brush, gurgle and rinse...

--B

No comments: