"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

9.12.2007

Chemo Brain is 4 REAL!!

It's a known fact that people who receive chemo treatments tend to get a little fuzzy in the brain area. That's been a real struggle for me. I have always had an excellent memory but lately my brain and the rest of my body are just not in sync. If you ever scratch your head after reading something on this blog and wonder "What the hell did she just say?!?", it's really not me being stupid but rather it's CHEMO BRAIN! It's even worse in person. I am so glad I am not working and having to interact with people on a daily basis. Most times I'll be talking like a normal person, but then words sneak out that make absolutely no sense whatsoever and I don't catch myself until after they've come out. Sometimes words don't even get a chance to come out at all, but rather my tongue gets stuck to the roof of my gum and all I can muster is blah-blah-blah because I can't seem to put the words together to make a coherent sentence! Prime example of chemo brain at it's best - I am trying really hard to remember something I said today and then had to laugh off due to chemo brain but I can't even give you an example...it's that bad. I think I'll start a chemo brain moment list, it should be real fun to read after treatment is over.

Thankfully, chemo brain is only temporary. So, what's your excuse??? :P

No comments: