"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

8.02.2007

Days 2-7...

Day 2 - Was the worst so far. I was pretty nauseaus all day, although we did end up walking the floors a bit.

Days 3-4 - Pretty uneventful. I was able to get off the oxygen Monday and went home Monday night. My lung showed signs of oxygen running through it....YAY!!

Days 5-7 - Finally getting some sleep! I was living off of sleeping every 2 hours in the hospital, not a place to catch up on rest that's for sure. Tuesday went back to MDACC to get my Neulasta shot to increase my white blood cell count. I must be one tough broad because I have yet to feel the side effects. The nurse was telling me I could wake up feeling like a truck ran over me....I was not looking forward to that. Nothing...nada...(knocking on wood). Today (Day 7) was the moment of truth. Today was the day my counts were to drop dramatically, I would be feeling the chemo side effects, all that good stuff and basically the reason I was to take all the meds they rxed. Well, woke up and I felt the slightest of queasiness and took my meds....which knocked me out just about all day. I wasn't going to toughen that out. So far, so good. I think my hair is actually growing back quicker than it is falling out. How ironic is that? My next treatment will be 8/17 and I am hoping it goes as well as this one did. My biggest complaint is fatigue and this damn picc line in my arm.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. The cards keep coming in and I am truly touched by your thoughfulness. Of course, the kids absolutely love the musical cards....they carry it with them all over the house. Nothing like a 7 year old singing "I Will Survive" to make you chuckle.

I am hanging in there and it's been bearable! I couldn't ask for more.

Love,
--B

No comments: