"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

8.04.2007

Some photos from the hospital visit....

Note to self...When packing for the hospital, don't forget to take all the wires that connect your camera, mp3 player, etc...to your computer! Here are some pics from my first hospital stay during treatment #1:

Dad, me and mom


Adrienne and me


Adrienne and me fooling around with the masks


Gabriel w/his new 'do'...notice the bling bling on the ears??? :)


Lara, my fantabulous co-worker


Me and my "beary" good friends courtesy of one of our customers, Mariner Energy. Loved the cookies, as did the entire family!


Christi and me, she got me the GI Jane head cover!


And of course, we completely forgot to take pictures of my visit with Liz and Alison. I think we were all so busy talking and going through the bags and bags of hats, scarves, gifts, and all sorts of goodies that we didn't think of taking pics. We'll get it for sure next time!

I know the chemo is working. For the first time since April, I am not wheezing and my left lung that was totally collapsed a few weeks ago is now filling up with oxygen and I am able to breathe pain free. After Day 7, I seem to be feeling better and better with each day. My recent CBC was really good too. Of course, the wbcs were like at 3, but that was to be expected. Just don't get sick and I will be fine. lol. Next week is an off week, go in to give blood, get my picc bandage changed and then prepare for the 17th for treatment #2. It is going so much better than I had anticipated. I always prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

Between the support from my colleagues, friends and family...I am getting through this.

Love,
B

No comments: