"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

7.27.2007

Day 1...

Ok, I am midway through drug #3, one more bag left to go. I thought I wouldn't be up while I finished treatment, but I am just not able to go to sleep. I even took a sleeping pill and it's not helping. My mind is racing, I am sweating, it's an ice box in here and I want to sleep naked because I am so hot! Gotta love those drugs. So far, so good. Who knew you could take so many drugs on chemo. I had a pepcid, senocot, cough medicine with codeine and a sleeping pill. It appears I don't have to suffer too much going through this. :) I had lots of visitors today. My sister is supposed to bring my connectors tomorrow so I will post the pics. I had an old friend, Christi, come by as well as Liz and Alison. They were so sweet. They brought me at least 15 Crescent baseball hats (thanks to all the properties who donated!) as well as tons of scarves and bandanas. I also got this sweet basket from Bath and Body Works from the office. It has all sorts of cool products in the fresh cucumber scent. I love it, it's not too fruity and it has a real light and clean smell. The body butter cream is a must have! I am in love with that lotion. Another favorite is the mint shine...yummy!

People have been so kind to me, it makes you appreciate the human spirit even more and shows you who you want to be around when you are healthy.

So the treatment will go something like this. I will be doing chemo every other week, in between weeks will be giving blood. It will be 3 treatments and that should put us around a month and a half. At that point, I will have all my tests done again - PET, CT Scan and bone marrow biopsy. If my tests show the cancer to be gone, then we start the auto sct. I'm hoping to be healthy enough to enjoy Christmas this year.

That's all for day 1...pretty uneventful for now.

--B

1 comment:

Mundy01 said...

Brandy,

We had our weekly meeting today and Lara mentioned that you had a blog.

I couldn't help but to jump right on it.

So how ya doing, hun? I hope you are feeling better. I told my sister-in-law to stop by and say hello. Not sure if you are home yet or not.

Anyway, let me know if you have any special requests. I had my usual weekly call from my Mom, asking how things are with me.

I mentioned your situation to her, and my Mom, being the devout Catholic that she is, put you in a special intentions, prayer request at daily Mass.

Well, hang in there Brandy. I pray that our merciful Lord will strengthen you each day and heal your body. We are thinking of you!

Hugs,
Mike Mundy