"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

8.15.2007

Books...now that I have some time...

I have been able to catch up on some reading. I mentioned I just finished Lance Armstrong's It's Not About The Bike, as well as a couple of Nicholas Sparks' novels (I love making myself cry!). I created a list of books I wanted to read this summer back in June. I've read so far J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zoey, Sue Miller's The Good Mother and While I Was Gone, Bill Cosby's The Meanest Thing To Say (great book for Olivia and Seth), and Gabriel García Márquez's 100 Years of Solitude. I still have on my list the following:

Jane Austen - Sense and Sensability and Persuasion
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Paul Bowles - The Sheltering Sky
Mitch Albom - The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Of course, I also have tons of books on cancer, diet, immune system, etc...but I am in need of some more books to read as I go into my sct in a month or so. I'll be looking at a nice 3 week stay in the hospital and I would like to take some books with me. Anyone have any good recommendations? I like all sorts of books, just list away!! :)

--B

No comments: