"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

7.20.2007

Faith, Hope, Love and Courage...

That basically sums up what I am clinging to throughout this process. I am feeling rather strong today. I've been reading so many success stories of people who are in remission years after having an auto sct. Those are truly inspirational for me and give me the light I need to get through this dark tunnel. My doctor had explained that the success rate of this procedure was 60%, but that was misleading since so many patients in the beginning were given the auto sct too early, there was still evidence of cancer and that's what led to the higher relapse numbers. She said now that they give the auto sct only when you are clear of cancer, that number should actually be a bit higher. Sounds good to me.

--B

No comments: