"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

7.25.2007

My latest curve...

After a busy weekend preparing for the hospital stay, I ended up at MD Anderson's ER Monday night. Around lunchtime Monday, I began feeling uncomfortable in my back area. I didn't know if I was sitting at my desk wrong or if I was needing to lay down. When I couldn't sit or walk, I ended up leaving early and went home to rest, hoping that would do the trick. A few hours later, I was still incredibly sore across my back and couldn't take deep breaths without feeling this sharp pain in my chest. My mom insisted I go to the ER and she was right. My sister took me while she stayed with the kids, as Gabriel was still working. After some quick tests, they determined my entire left lung had collapsed. Up until then, I had a partially collapsed lung but I guess the tumor was just not letting enough oxygen flow in there. I was admitted into the hospital and haven't left since. I had my biopsy this morning and will start treatment Friday, for 4 days. I'm living off of pure O2 and morphine, so I can't say I am too miserable. :) Tomorrow, I will have my picc line inserted, this is a 2-4-1 as they get to take blood from it as well as administer my chemo through it. After that it's off to the barbershop to chop off the hair. I'll post pics tomorrow. Should be a fun day.

Gabriel was sweet enough to bring all my stuff, clothes, robe, mp3 player, camera and sis' laptop. I was having withdrawal symptoms after not being connected for 2 days. I can ditch the gown too, thank goodness! :)

--B

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Honey, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. If you need anything at all please let me know. I don't have the kiddos this weekend so if you and Gabriel need me to watch your kids I'm free and willing. Maybe the following weekend Olivia and Tay can have a sleepover at our house...Valerie is invited too! =)...Keep your head up, we love you!

Veronica