"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

4.29.2008

My Hero!

Amy finished the LLS TNT Marathon this past weekend in Nashville, TN in 5:29!! How amazing is that? Here are a couple of pictures of my hero, my sister, my friend.

Amy looking fabulous!


My hero!


She has been not only a dear friend, but an inspiration to me in how I want to live my life. She exceeded her goal and raised nearly $4,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and she's an amazing mom to two beautiful kids. I wish miles didn't separate us like they do, but our hearts are always near each other.

You did it, Amy!! Thank you for honoring me, and thank you to everyone who helped Amy reach her goal. Thank you, thank you, thank you to each and everyone one of you from the bottom of my heart.

With much love and gratitude from Texas,
Brandy

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Woohoo Amy! That is so awesome! And look at that skinny little bod! I am so proud of BOTH of you!

Love, Mel

B. said...

Um, Brandy is MY HERO.

Love of my life,

I can't thank you enough for the inspiration, the cards, the confidence, to find my way through to the other side.

I'm not sure what I would do if there weren't women like you out there dear.

Please know, I'm forever in debt to your kindness, and support.

I wouldn't be where I am without you.

- B