"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

4.08.2008

Cancer Fundraising Goals...

Have you taken a peak at the link over there to your left??? Go ahead, I know you want to look! My dear friend Amy has now exceeded her goal of raising $3,4oo for the Leaukemia and Lymphoma Society!! She has collected $3,880 so far - WOW! She ROCKS!!! Her marathon is coming up in a few weeks (April 26th), so please say a prayer and wish her well. I will post an update after she crosses that finish line!!

I decided to participate in a walk myself, this one for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life® event. Here's My Personal Page . I set a goal of $100 because a) it's my first time doing an event like this and b) I'm terrified of it coming back too soon and I won't be able to finish what I started. I know that's not a very positive outlook, but right now I'm taking it day by day and I'm just trying to get through this first year with clean scans. But after reading Julie's blog, I was just moved to join her sister's team and walk in her honor and I plan on doing it with or without cancer!

BUT, please know that I'll be more than happy to exceed that initial goal. :)

Ok, I'm off to bed...as Valerie says....

Sweet Dreams...
Brandy

1 comment:

back2basics said...

Yay! We are just so pleased you are on our Team! I can't wait to see you in the survivor lap.