"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

4.02.2008

Baptism Day!

Olivia and I were baptized Sunday at our new church - Bear Creek Baptist Church

To be totally honest here, I have changed so much since my Stem Cell Transplant. All for the better I think...or at least hope! What has changed the most is my faith. BC (before cancer), I was a "spiritual" person (I believed in God) but I had no relationship with Him. I knew what I wasn't, and up until that time I just hadn't found the right church. Although we were trying, I was never motivated enough to keep going to church every Sunday. It was such a chore. Well, when death is staring you in the face something in you has to change. Not always for the better, but you are not the same person you were before the traumatic event. My faith became my strength, the strength and comfort I needed to die, to live, just to get through the ordeal. I haven't looked back since. So, when we found bcbc it just felt like home. It has a terrific children's program, offers the bible study classes I was looking for, but most importantly it's a place I get to praise God for giving me the miracle of second chances. I love going to church Sunday's now, and I haven't missed one yet. It seems to refresh my soul and I always leave there feeling better and blessed.

So, I was ready to profess my faith and belief in Jesus Christ and Olivia said she was ready to. So we thought why not do it together? And we did. March 30th we were baptized. It was such an honor to have my daughter by my side, and it was even better knowing our family was there witnessing this special moment. I loved the entire ceremony, and I cherish all the sweet memories that we made that day. But most importantly, I am blessed to have such a sweet child who has such a strong sense of faith to want to be baptized with me. That is pure love.

Here are pictures from our special day. Enjoy!

In the dressing room right before the baptism...


I went first, and this is Olivia coming up...


Martha, Olivia and me in the dressing room after the baptism!


So, after a very eventful morning, we all headed to a Mexican restaurant for some yummy food! All that excitement led to some grumbling tummies!

The family chowing on some food...


Love to all,
Brandy

No comments: