"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

12.01.2007

NEGATIVE!!!

My scans came back clean! I go back in a month to see my sct doc and then I redo the tests sometime in February. WOOHOO! We celebrated last night with a little bit of champagne, mmm...that was so yummy! I was also cleared to go back to work in late January. I'm coming back Liz and Lara!! :)

I did have a weird reaction to the CT scan iodine Thursday night. After it was all over with the tech noticed I was red in the face. I saw myself in the mirror and I had red blotchy patches over my face and neck area. I was hot and my blood pressure was 150/102! It's always been in the normal range and that scared me. So, I had to wait around for an hour, drinking lots of water and going to the restroom so I could flush it out. By the time I left, I was much better. My only other option next time is to have a dose of steroids before the exam. If that doesn't work, then I won't be able to have the CT scan since the iodine gives them a clean look at my insides. We'll probably just stick with the PET scan and they also do a CT scan, so I don't see why I needed the additional CT scan in the first place. But then again, I'm not a doctor getting paid buccoos of money now am I??? :P Also, my PET scan nurse asked me how old I was and if I was a teenager!?! I swear she was being serious!! She about died when I told her I was (gasp!) 34 and that I also had (gasp!) 4 kids!! That put a smile on my face! Gabriel didn't believe me, but I had to remind him it wasn't the first time that's happened. When I was in the hospital with premature labor pains with Nicholas, the nurse came in and we were chit chatting and she asks me if this is my first baby. I said no, I have two more and she looks at me weird and says I look like I'm 18 and if I was!! Of course, I had to break her bubble and reassure her I was 30! I used to hate my oily skin growing up. Now I'm glad I have it because it's keeping me in my teens....roflol!!!

Ok, back to reality. I wanted to upload some pics from Thanksgiving and the weekend. I'm still waiting to get the pics from my sister...cough...cough!

Here's Nicholas and Olivia Thanksgiving Day. We let her wear some makeup she got as a bday present from Grandma Martha and Grandpa Ramon! She loves it!


Thanksgiving weekend isn't Thanksgiving weekend without the beginning of Christmas! Since it was cold and wet, we held off on the tree but that didn't stop us from getting into the Christmas spirit!!




It was a big weekend for Olivia, too. She moved into her own room! She went with the Hannah Montana theme, what a shocker! LOL! I want my baby back!!! :)


Well, I can't believe December is already here! The past 5 months seem like one big blur of a memory, and all I kept thinking about was making it to December...Christmas, holiday music, being done with treatment...and now it's here!! One of my best friends is coming for a visit as well. I am so excited to see Deb next week. It's going to be a wonderful month!!!!

Love to all!
B

No comments: