"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

11.25.2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ok, so I'm a little late but it was a very nice Thanksgiving weekend. We have so much to be thankful for....wonderful friends, family, generous co-workers and customers, strangers who seem to say the right thing at the right time, being cancer free right now...and the list could go on and on. I want to say a huge Thank You to our customer DataVox for our delicious Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice to have a stress-free dinner at home and it was perfect. I was so touched that you thought of our family during this holiday. Thank you, again. My sister was the photographer, so once I get the pics from her I'll post them here. After dinner, I actually braved a store or two. Didn't buy anything, just scoping it out for Friday. :)

I was debating on whether or not to go out on Black Friday. I love the rush of doing it, even if I don't buy anything. And so I did. Now, I didn't get up at 3am or anything like that. I woke up at my normal time, 6:30, and headed out. Can you believe I even walked out of Target without buying anything! I missed the really good deals and wasn't going to buy anything that wasn't on sale. I did find some deals at some other stores, but it was more fun just going out and being surrounded by the crowds while the Christmas spirit filled the air.

We also worked on getting Olivia's room done. She was ready for her own room and she deserved it. Guess what she picked as her bedding? Of course, Hannah Montana. She even used her own money to decorate her room! We're still needing to hang her curtains and put some other decorations on the wall, but for the most part it's done and it looks so cozy! She spent practically the entire afternoon laying in bed, reading and finishing her 13 chapter book and listening to Christmas music on the radio. Can you say "Little Brandy"???? She is so adorable! :)

This has been a very busy weekend and it was one of my favorite Thanksgiving holidays ever. And even though Thanksgiving is over, I will continue to count my blessings and give thanks for all that I have.

With a grateful heart,
--B

No comments: