"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.18.2007

SCT - Part 2...

It's been a crazy week. My mom has been in the hospital since Monday night after having excrutiating stomach pains and bloody diarrhea. After much testing and worrying, it appears she has two benign tumors on her liver with the biggest one measuring 7cm. Her PET scan came back negative (thank God!) and she's going to be discharged sometime today. Her bleeding has stopped and she's feeling better with each day. She will be seeing a doctor at MD Anderson to see how they want to handle the tumors. For a minute there we thought we might be sharing rooms together. I am so relieved it's not cancer. I don't think I could have handled the sct and my mom's potential illness at the same time.

I'm back on track after having some time away from the hospital, well MD Anderson. I go in today to change out my catheter and then I'm supposed to see my doctor tomorrow. The coordinator said my bone marrow and echo tests were more than two months ago, so she was going to ask the doctor is she needed me retested. I am praying that I don't have to go through testing again. If I do, it will be Monday and then I will get admitted Tuesday for my 3 week (hopefully!) stay. I'm still waiting to hear back from them about the tests since nothing is scheduled yet.

So I finally have arrived for the sct. It's been a long three month journey and I am more anxious to get it over with than nervous about actually doing it. I'm just so ready to get on with my life post cancer. In January it will be two years of dealing with the hodge and I am ready to bury it for good!!

--B

No comments: