"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.12.2007

Part 1 is over!!

YAY! I finished my collection today and I almost made it without using the bed pan. lol. I didn't eat or drink anything after 9:00 a.m. but those darn fluids got to me yet again. This time, I only had like 20 minutes left but I just couldn't hold it any longer. Oh well, at least that part is over.

I spent another long day at MDACC, 9 hours total!! My nurse told me my rbc's were low again and this procedure tends to lower them even more. After I was done collecting I was scheduled to get yet another blood transfusion. A huge Thank You to the person who donated on 10/03/07!! So, I finished at around 5:30 p.m. went to have some dinner and then went back at 6:30 p.m. to see if I could get in a bit earlier since they had originally scheduled me for a 9:00 p.m. transfusion. It worked! I was finally out of there at 9:15 p.m. Ugh, what a long day! But Melanie was kind enough to stay with me the entire time. And I met the coolest lady who was my neighbor today. We're scheduled to go into the sct around the same time. She reminds me of the Hallmark character Maxine. She's older and feisty and had us laughing practically the entire time there. We made a deal. She's bringing the cards and I'm bringing the dice and we'll meet up everyday for some games. lol.

I have to go back tomorrow morning for some labwork (they never stop!). I will see my sct doctor either Tuesday or Friday and then we'll go from there. So, this next week will be my off week and then comes the sct. Almost there.

--B

No comments: