"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

9.25.2007

SCT Part 1 - Here's the plan...

Ok, so I met with my sct doc today as well as infusion therapy regarding my picc line. Signed away my life, literally, with sct doc and had a tour of the aspherasis department. I am getting admitted tomorrow night and will most likely stay 5 days. This part of the chemo is only two of the three drugs I had with ICE. Now I'll just be getting the I and the E parts, only at slightly higher dosages. After getting out of the hospital I will start giving myself Neupogen shots on Day 6, which should put me at Tuesday. I'm still not clear how long I will be giving myself the shots, but I'm thinking it should not be more than a week. After that comes the collection part. I go to the hospital and stay hooked up for around 4 hours each day until they collect 5 million stem cells! (I'm hoping I can get it done in one day, again the overachiever in me coming out!). They tell me it is all quite boring. Boring I can handle. Boring I like. And that is the end of Part 1.

Tomorrow morning I go in to get my picc line removed (yay!) and my cvc line in my chest inserted. The picc lines are just too thin for the huge amounts of blood that will be collected and restored in me, so I get some fatter lines in my chest. Get to go home for the rest of the afternoon until admission time, which should be around 7 p.m.

It was a very busy day today. After leaving the hospital, I stopped by my office to see my wonderful boss and colleagues. I can't believe it's been 2 months since I haven't been at work! Time has just flown by. It was so nice seeing everyone, but I forgot my camera!!! Oh well, I'll go back after the sct and take some pics to post.

I also went shopping today. Not just any kind of shopping, like for groceries, gas, for the kids, etc... No, this was shopping just for mommy, me, Brandy. It was nice to have a little retail therapy. I even bought myself a new digital camera lens for my Nikon. Up until now, I've been using my film lens. Watch out Ansel Adams. LOL!

Although I'm a little anxious and nervous (ok, a lot!), I am just so ready to get this over with. I should have a laptop while I'm in the hospital, so I will try to post updates as often as I can.

--B

No comments: