"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

7.18.2005

They call me Lucy....

I swear, I felt like I was living one of those episodes right out of "I Love Lucy" Saturday. That show could so easily represent part of my life. Some of my friends would know.

Ok, so I had a nail appt at 1:00 p.m. Saturday. This was my 3rd trip to the salon, 1st appointment. I figure since I'm becoming a regular, I better start making appts. Well, we were at the mall until 1 and home by 1:30. Any normal person would have called to let them know they were running late. But no, I am not normal. See, I thought "They don't know who I am. I've only been there twice, right?" How would they know I wasn't Brandy, the 1 o'clock french manicure appt? Oh, how wrong I was. My first clue was when I pulled up to the salon, they see me and then look at the clock. Ok, Brandy, now's the time to leave. Nope, gotta go in...must get nails done. As I'm staring at the sign-in sheet, something comes over me. I sign my name Marie Vargas. Marie was my middle name prior to marriage. Hidalgo Vargas sounded fake. So, Marie I am. I am here, a walk-in off the street wanting a french manicure. I wasn't even there 5 minutes when the lady I had requested came in from a pedicure and asked "Are you Brandy?". Ugh, I stared at her for what felt like an eternity and shook my head no. "No, I'm not Brandy". That's all I could muster. I couldn't even look her in the eye. Busted! She proceeded to talk in their language to the lady who was doing my nails. I knew I was busted. I knew I would walk out of there with the ugliest nails ever. I am trying to so hard not to laugh. But my hands are about to go in the little hand warmer and I'm furiously thinking about how I could have a twin, who is Brandy, who has kids. Nah, that won't work. I'm cracking a smile. How could they recognize me after only 2 visits?!?! Man, these women are goooooood. I keep thinking how sad it is that I found this great nail place and now I have to find another one. I know I will never be able to show my face again there. I enjoyed every minute of my manicure, from the arm massage to the nail dryer. In the end, I did end up with a beautiful manicure. Even though Marie was charged $15 and Brandy only paid $12 last time. Oh well, I don't see Brandy ever going back. Marie on the other hand....LOL!!

2 comments:

Shay said...

LOL!! Ur are so funny 'Marie'!!

Brandy said...

LOL!! That is too funny!
hope you find another salon soon!! ;)