"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

7.05.2005

4th of July Weekend

Well, we had a very active and tiring holiday weekend. I took off Friday, the 1st, so it really did extend my normal 2 day weekend to 4. I love waking up and greeting each of my kids as they wake and seeing their smile as they realize mommy will be home today. That's a cool feeling.

I did play Betty Crocker. I made a Banana Nut Bread from scratch along with a homemade cream cheese frosting. So, I've poured my batter into the loaf pan and I am waiting for the oven to reach 350 degrees. As I am putting away my ingredients and supplies I notice my unopened, brand new box of BAKING POWDER. YIKES! I decide to toss the baking powder into the wet mix. Maybe no one will notice. An hour and a half later, we are enjoying how moist and rich my bread is when I suddenly bite into this bitter part of the bread. Uh oh, there's my baking powder! LOL! I am such a goof! And that's after starting over after adding the baking soda because I misread my measuring spoons and put too much in the flour mixture! Oh well, there's always next weekend. :)

The kids went swimming Monday afternoon and we ended our long weekend with a bang. Literally. We popped some pretty cool firecrackers in our driveway/street and the kids enjoyed watching them. Of course, by then Nicky was fast asleep and Valerie had just gone down for the night.

Did I mention how the kids are swimming with no floaties? Seth is a fish underwater and Olivia can swim the entire pool length x 3. wow, they are growing up too fast. :)

1 comment:

Shay said...

HAHAHA!! That bread incident sounds like a stunt I would attempt!! Only for it to turn out like little loaves of coal!! :)