"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

4.13.2008

Our corner of the world...

I want to try to post some sort of weekly, maybe daily, little observation of life photos. I love having my point and shoot camera because I can finally take pics on a whim. So, to get things started these pics are about a week's worth of daily observations. I'll start off with our cute little nephew/cousin - Jhonen. We got a chance to babysit him a few weeks ago and it was absolutely wild having a baby in the house again! Olivia's mommy instinct took over and then he was out before we knew it!




Ok, so this stretch of road is normally clear, in fact it's not uncommon for most drivers to drive at least 65/70 mph on this road (but not me, because that would be illegal as the speed limit is 50mph!). ;-) Well, Tuesday afternoon we were bumper to bumper from the get go, and about midway through we were able to see the cause of this back-up. Seems a tow truck had some mechanical problems. At least it wasn't the entire stretch of this road - that could have easily been an hour's wait!




Here's the view from my office. I love staring up from my computer monitor and seeing all those green trees! If you squint hard enough, you can see Downtown Houston in the background.



Monday morning during rush hour...the skies were bringing rain but the sun was able to peek through. A lovely sight if only for a matter of minutes!



Ok, I was waiting in line at Walmart Friday late night (such a waste of registers - 20+ and yet only 5 or so were open!) and this poor little boy was nodding off in his cart while his mom was paying. He was just so cute I had to pull out my camera!



Friday evening we had an awesome sunset. The first is from a parking lot I pulled into just to take the photo and the second was from my sideview mirror...even that view took my breath away!



The kids' pediatric doctor's office moved to a new building and it was very cool. Nicholas has been battling a cold/cough and we just wanted to be sure it wasn't in his lungs. I regret not taking more pics of the lobby and even restroom! They have a fish/ocean theme throughout the suite and we happened to be in the Killer Whale Room! Oh well, next time we go I'll shoot away.(Nicky was fine by the way!)




So, if you see a crazy woman toting a camera around and taking pics of the oddest things...it's probably me! LOL!

Love to all,

Brandy

1 comment:

destroodle said...

Love that little boy---he is the cutest thing ever!! LOL! Love ya, Sis!