"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

1.02.2008

Happy New Year!!

I hope someone out there stayed up until at least midnight! We rang in the New Year popping fireworks and watching the other beautiful displays throughout the neighborhood until about 10:45 p.m., that's when the kids and I apparently fell asleep. I should clarify that Gabriel, Olivia, Seth and Nicholas rang in the New Year popping fireworks. Valerie was still scared of them (this is the girl who hates balloons because they pop!), so she, Harlo and I cuddled on the sofa and watched movies since I am not too fond of popping fireworks myself. Poor Harlo was shivering on the sofa, after giving up from hiding under the bed. It seems the three scaredy-cats were inside, huddled together. :) I did wake up right after midnight, so Gabriel and I did get to ring it in together, but then we quickly retreated to bed. Is that pathetic or what? lol.

Playing with sparklers and poppers....


All the noise proved to be too much for Miss Valerie...


And Harlo....


Ahhh, finally relaxed....


Happy New Year!!

Love,
B

No comments: