"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

12.16.2007

Deb's Visit!

It was soooo good to see her! Although we were experiencing some typical Houston weather - aka HOT and HUMID and in the '80s! And to top it off, our AC had been out during that time!! Who knew your AC going out in December could be so miserable?! lol.

So, after we (well, she) played Martha Steward making the hell out of wreaths, we wined and dined at Carraba's, went shopping like mad women Saturday morning and then spent Saturday afternoon at Seth's Boy Scout Christmas party. She graciously volunteered to babysit for us so Gabe and I could have an evening out alone and I took her up on it! It's only been months since we've been able to do that. She also helped me get out of my fashion rut and chose some pretty cool clothes and shoes. She got me this totally awesome jacket and red patent shoes - she knew I wouldn't buy them myself and she was right! :)

Here is Deb showing off one of her many talents....she's so crafty!!


Here we are at Carraba's having some good food and even better wine!


Gabe and I before going out to PF Changs...mmmm....


So, right before she has to leave what does she decide to do? Cook 3 meals in less than 2 hours!?
How crazy was that?!


Here we are all nice and sweaty..errr. glistening...after cooking! :)

And this is why I love her - who else can do this with their tongue??? :D


As usual, time flew by and we could have easily spent another week together. But, there will be another time for get togethers. I can't wait to visit her in her new home sometime next year in Wisconsin, although I will make sure not to be there during December! lol!

Love ya, D!!

--B

No comments: