"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.23.2007

So much harder than I thought it would be...

Nicholas just left for speech therapy on the bus and he was crying and pulling my shirt, asking if I would be home when he got back. Does he understand I won't? Can he comprehend that I will be gone for so long? My heart is breaking into a million pieces!!! I try so hard to be strong, for myself and for my family but right now I feel anything but strong. I feel scared, tired and sad. I still haven't packed for my trip. I'm just going to take a few things and then have Gabriel or my mom bring the rest in little increments. There's just too much to bring. How do you pack your life into suitcases?

I pray that these weeks go by so fast and that this will soon just be a bittersweet memory for me.

--B

No comments: