"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.06.2007

SCT Part 1 - continued....

I went in Friday for my blood work. Most everything is fine, low, but fine. I have to come back Sunday for more bloodwork. Apparently, my rbc's were 8.5 and platelettes were 40, and are expected to go lower over the weekend. If they dip below 8 and 20 then I will need to get a lovely transufsion of rbc's and platelettes. No big deal. I had to get some blood while I was in the hospital because my rbc's were low, and all went fine. After that, I head back to the hospital Tuesday for more testing to see how my wbc's are doing. Friday, they were 1.3, down from 5.1 three days earlier. Still waiting for those Neuopogen shots to start doing their magic. Once the nurse sees the wbs count at a certain level, then we can start collecting (and I can stop injecting myself!). The only other thing I had to address was my magnesium. Apparently, this chemo I took affects your potassium and magnesium levels. Potassium levels were normal (yay!) but mag levels were low. I was able to pick up some tablets at Walgreens, adding yet another pill to swallow for someone who can't even do a jello shot! lol!!

What's funny is that I felt better today than the rest of the week, even though by going off of my counts you would have that it was the opposite. I'm on Cloud 9, wrapped in love from all my family and friends! The mind is a wonderful thing!

Remember the sct apn nurse, Jill? I love her. At today's appointment she was already talking about when I get released! I need to look into staying at an apt. or hotel nearby, since I have to return to the hospital the following day after discharge. It should just be for one day, so I'm ok with that. I just thought how wonderful to be talking about stuff to do after this procedure...I was having a hard time thinking about anything but the hospital stay. That's where the road ended for me and I couldn't seem to see past it. So hearing her talk like my release will be here sooner than later was really hopeful.

Part 1 is almost over....and within a week we should know the schedule for Part 2.

Almost there.

--B

No comments: