"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.09.2007

Dates keep getting pushed back...

Got a call from my sct nurse today and because I received blood Sunday we need to wait three days to check my counts. So, that means my Tuesday appt. is cancelled and Thursday is set...of course I have to be there by 8:00 a.m. I hate early morning appts. I'm just getting to bed when I have to get up just to be on the road to fight rush hour traffic. bleh. Anyway, if my counts are good then we could possibly start collecting Thursday. That's exciting. But for now, it's just a wait and see. Oh, I should also start feeling the side effects of the Neupogen shots since my white cell count is starting to come up...bone aches, joint aches, back aches, any kind of aches it's because of the shots. I had one night of aches while taking Neulasta (same kind of medicine) after my chemo treatments last time, so I'm hoping it won't be that bad this time around either. Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh, and guess what Liz scheduled?!? She's holding a special MD Anderson blood drive just for me at the building on October 25th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. How cool is that? Not to mention it's also a huge relief knowing I could have blood reserved for me while I'm in the hospital and not have to worry about any shortages. They are constantly running short of blood at MD Anderson and I will most likely need more transfusions during and after the sct. Since my body is still recovering from the chemo treatments and this next sct chemo treatment is going to be the big daddy of them all, it's going to really make my body weak. Just another reason why I love the people I work with and the company I work for.

--B

No comments: