"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

5.26.2005

I'm no virgin...

How's that for a snazzy title? This is my first blog, 30-something years old and I'm just trying to keep up with technology. I'm still working on my iPod.

So, what do you do with these things? I guess you just start typing about whatever is on your mind. Like a journal, only there's no key and anyone can read it.

I'm a working mom, juggling my career, my family and my own sense of being. I just started knitting. Actually, I tried starting back in winter when I was pregnant with Valerie, my fourth child. I got so far as casting on. I really need to get back on that wagon. I found a stitch-n-bitch group that meets near my house, I have to get to a meeting one day. I've also taken a liking to Desperate Housewives and any "reality" tv show there is. I dunno why I find myself hooked on reality tv, but it started way back when MTV debuted The Real World in NY. I also love taking pictures. I have a Nikon N65, but am working my way up to the Nikon D70. Man, digital SLR has to rock! I love my SLR, but can't seem to develop all my rolls of film.



2 comments:

Brandy said...

Yay, a fellow Desperate Housewives and reality tv addict!! And a Brandy, too! ;)

I would love to have a Nikon D70 but probably will never be able to afford it! I have a Kodak EasyShare DX6490 and it was more expensive than I ever figured DH would go for.

Shay said...

You go girl! Knitting can be so therapeutic - can't it!? I crotched a small blanket for Maddie while I was prego. SO PROUD Of myself. Doesn't it feel good to see something you MADE? I'm not that crafty so I was impressed!