"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

11.21.2008

Life is good...

Despite all the drama, stress and b.s. at work...Life is good. I caught this on the way into work a few weeks ago.


Here are some Halloween photos, better late than never is a motto I live by. :)










I also am *finally* getting my bike tomorrow! I've decided on the Electra Townie. Don't ask me what color just yet. I've learned that this bike buying process has been a much longer one than I anticiapted. I thought I could just walk in to a bike shop and get the Townie. Nope. And then I found out if I blink, the price jumps up like 20%! I'll post a pic of it when I get it home. Wouldn't you know it though that the day I decide to buy a bike the forecast calls for rain. And we haven't had rain for a few weeks. LOL!

Oh, please continue to pray for my sister. She just had surgery this past Thursday and had a bone graft using someone else's bone. Who knew this was possible? We're hoping she gets out Sunday, but she still has a long road ahead of her. The doctors said maybe within a couple of months she'll be able to stand on it for the first time in 6 months since the accident. Just keep her in your prayers.

I also wanted to add Bekah, Jake, Jessica, Matt, Marsha, and the many, many others out there who continue to battle against the hodge. I think of them every day but wanted to get some worldwide presence for them as well.

Thanksgiving is next week, then Christmas and then another round of birthdays to get through. I love this time of year!

I'll end with a painting Olivia recently did on a piece of cardboard. Just about anything is a canvas to this little artsy girl. :)


Sweet dreams to all,
b

No comments: