"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

10.11.2007

Collection Day!!

So I just spent 12 hours at MDACC but that's ok because my counts were good enough to start collecting!! WOO-HOO!! And, my cdw-30 was 90K!! I don't know what it means, I just know everyone was really impressed by it and thought I would be able to get my 5 million stem cells in one sitting. Ok, so I'm not going to get my hopes up but I am secretly wishing that we did get it all today. I find out tomorrow morning around 10 a.m. I still have to go in at 12:30 for some blood work but if I am the collection diva that they think I am it will be a short visit. If not, that's ok but I'll have to collect again tomorrow afternoon. It wasn't bad at all, with the exception of the bed pan. I knew that once you got hooked up to the nifty blood machince you couldn't move, not even to go the the little ladies room. So I went minutes before I started, thinking I got this in the bag. WRONG! They also give you lots of fluids through an IV to keep you hydrated. As hard as I tried I couldn't hold it in any longer. I had a neighbor to the right of me, so that was even more uncomfortable. Now, not only did I have to go really, really badly but then I had to make sure it came out slowly so I wouldn't a) make a mess and b) let everyone know what I was doing. But then again, they did know since my curtains were pulled and she walked in with a bed pan. That was the most exciting part of the afternoon. Fun, eh? It only took 3 hours as well, and that went by rather quickly. I jammed to my music and actually dozed off for a few minutes. I'm sure talking to Mel half the time helped as well! Thanks for being there with me, M. :)

No comments: